Choose from our array of quilts or commission something special!

contact us at
amykronish@gmail.com
hoffmanal4@gmail.com

Monday, October 11, 2010

Coexistence Quilts





For a long time, I have been feeling that I would like to combine two parts of my life -- my quilting and my belief in and dedication to peaceful coexistence between Palestinians and Israelis.

Out of that feeling came this quilt -- which combines Palestinian embroidery and my own creative elements. I used stacked bricks because I thought they go nicely with the embroidery and also because of the appropriate symbolism -- the building blocks of a future together. This is a decorative quilt, meant to be a bed spread or to decorate a guest room.

This quilt represents an enormous investment of time and energy in both the creative work of embroidering and quilting.

1 comment:

  1. The coexistence quilt looks beautiful, and the idea behind it is wonderful. We hope others feel the same way--we need more ways to promote coexistence.

    Eddie Snyder and Ann Wimpfheimer

    ReplyDelete