Choose from our array of quilts or commission something special!

contact us at
amykronish@gmail.com
hoffmanal4@gmail.com

Friday, February 24, 2017

Visit to Laquiya

I had a wonderful visit this week with the women who run the non-profit organization called The Association for the Improvement of the Status of Women, which is located in Laquiya.  They told us all about their projects, one of which is a young leadership development program, and a wonderful young woman is the director of that program (she is also a graduate of the program).  Other projects include a mobile library and, of course, the embroidery project, called Desert Embroidery.

I bought lots of pieces of embroidery for my coexistence quilts and table runners.  And the friends who came with us also bought lots of pieces.  More importantly, I ordered embroidery pieces for a wall hanging for my sister's new home in Sanibel Island on the west coast of Florida!  Can't wait for these pieces to arrive so that I can get to work on this big project.

Here you can see a table runner, made with one of the pieces that I bought this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment