Choose from our array of quilts or commission something special!

contact us at
amykronish@gmail.com
hoffmanal4@gmail.com

Monday, April 6, 2015

King Size Quilt

My project of the last month was creating this tremendous king size quilt.We did a lot of work on this together, which was so much fun!

This is a "coexistence" quilt, since it incorporates embroidery made by Bedouin women in the northern Negev.  It is made especially for my niece and nephew who live in New York City.  They chose the colors, the women at Desert Embroidery in Laquiya prepared the embroidery to order, and I made the finished product!  A wonderful partnership. 




Note the element of "building blocks" that I used for the overhang on both sides of the quilt.  You can't see it in the picture above (because I took the picture on my own bed which is only queen size) so I am also showing it in a close-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment