Choose from our array of quilts or commission something special!

contact us at
amykronish@gmail.com
hoffmanal4@gmail.com

Monday, April 15, 2013

Happy Israel Independence Day!

In honor of Israeli Independence Day, which we are celebrating today, I would like to share my latest "coexistence" quilt -- it integrates 3 pieces of embroidery made by the women of "Desert Embroidery", a non-profit organization in the northern Negev Bedouin town of Laquiya.

I love my relationship with these women.  Not only do I purchase embroidery from them for my quilts, but they have been showing my quilts in their shop in Laquiya and recently they sold one!  So, this has become a true partnership and I'm very proud of it.

This quilt is queen size and was made on commission for a relative in the Galilee.  In addition to the embroidery, I have used an element called "building blocks", which represent the building of a future of peace for all people living in this land.
There's more!  This is a matching table runner for putting on the dresser!





No comments:

Post a Comment