Choose from our array of quilts or commission something special!

contact us at
amykronish@gmail.com
hoffmanal4@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Work in Progress


My sister showed up about 2 months ago with a ton of fabrics from Joann's Fabrics in Delaware, and she asked me to make her a king size summer quilt. I had some trouble getting inspiration because honestly, I hadn't chosen the fabrics, and I wasn't sure how it would all come together. She asked me to use these big 12" squares. Since the size of a king size quilt is 108" X 96", exactly 9 squares X 8 squares works just fine.

Working on a king size quilt can get a bit awkward, so I pieced and quilted everything in 3 strips. Next step is to put together the backing and attach it. I'll use quilting in the ditch to attach it, since the top is already quilted.

I'm quite pleased with how it's turning out! This was lots of fun!

2 comments:

  1. J love so much this quilt.!!! Excuse my english, it's very bad....
    ciao vania

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Vania,
    so glad that you like it! It's amazing how beautiful it turned out when I was so skeptical about combining this big floral prints!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete